Misleading
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
Misleading
  • About Us
  • Log in
  • Don’t Mislead (Archive)
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
Misleading
No Result
View All Result

White House Approves Nearly $2 Billion for Hurricane Assistance

October 16, 2024
in Missleading
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0 0
A A
0
White House Approves Nearly $2 Billion for Hurricane Assistance
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The White House on Wednesday announced the federal government has approved nearly $2 billion in assistance to those who were impacted by hurricanes Helene and Milton.

According to a White House statement, the more than $1.8 billion approved by the Biden-Harris administration will help individuals with funding for “temporary housing, essential needs like food, water, baby formula and other emergency supplies—as well as public assistance to states for costs related to debris removal, life-saving emergency protective measures and restoring public infrastructure, including roads, bridges, schools and courthouses.”

Hurricane Helene made landfall on Florida’s Gulf Coast as a Category 4 storm on September 26, and two weeks later Hurricane Milton hit Florida. The destruction from the hurricanes spread across several states, and the death toll from the two storms reached nearly 300 lives in the Caribbean and the United States.

A White House fact sheet said the almost $2 billion in funding supplements investments previously announced by President Joe Biden during his recent visit to Florida. During the trip, he awarded more than $600 million from the Department of Energy to projects across several states affected by the storms to bolster electric grids.

Joe Biden speaks in Florida
President Joe Biden speaks about the aftermath of Hurricane Milton in St. Pete Beach, Florida, on October 13, 2024. The White House on Wednesday announced the federal government has approved nearly $2 billion for hurricane…
President Joe Biden speaks about the aftermath of Hurricane Milton in St. Pete Beach, Florida, on October 13, 2024. The White House on Wednesday announced the federal government has approved nearly $2 billion for hurricane assistance.

Photo by BONNIE CASH/AFP via Getty Images

The fact sheet broke down the funding by saying the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) approved over $911 million for those impacted by Helene, including “$581 million in assistance for individuals and affected communities and over $330 million for public assistance costs like debris removal and other activities to save lives, protect public health and safety, prevent damage to public and private property, and restore public infrastructure.”

The White House added that FEMA has also already approved over $620 million in assistance to those affected by Hurricane Milton.

FEMA, meanwhile, continues fighting misinformation since Helene swept through Florida. Former President Donald Trump and others have also fueled false claims that FEMA has not been able to respond well enough because it diverted disaster relief funds to help migrants. That claim is not true. While FEMA administers the Shelter and Services Program, funding comes from a separate pot of money funded by Congress for U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Over the weekend, FEMA workers operating in North Carolina’s Rutherford County were told to evacuate on Saturday over concerns that an “armed militia” was threatening workers in the area. Authorities have since arrested a man on Saturday accused of making other violent threats to FEMA workers.

In response to the threats, a FEMA spokesperson previously confirmed to Newsweek on Monday that the agency had made changes to its recovery efforts to ensure the safety of staff and survivors.

Disaster survivor assistance teams worked temporarily at fixed locations and secure areas, and they no longer went door to door out of an abundance of caution following the threats. By Tuesday, FEMA resumed door-to-door hurricane recovery efforts on the ground in North Carolina.

This article includes reporting from The Associated Press.

Previous Post

Pelosi Crosses Paths With Biden for First Time Since Pushing Him to Drop Out

Next Post

Supreme Court Ruling Overturns NCIS Agent’s Conviction in Terrorist Case

Related Posts

Palisades Fire Photos Torch California’s Denial,New evidence clashes with the state’s attempt to wash its hands of the chaos
Don’t Mislead

Palisades Fire Photos Torch California’s Denial,New evidence clashes with the state’s attempt to wash its hands of the chaos

November 29, 2025
Trump Nominates Matt Gaetz For Attorney General
Missleading

Zelensky’s Chief of Staff is Raided

November 28, 2025
Trump Nominates Matt Gaetz For Attorney General
Missleading

Trump “permanently” suspends migration from Third World Countries

November 28, 2025
Trump Nominates Matt Gaetz For Attorney General
Missleading

“Law and Justice have Prevailed”: Trump’s Reaction To Georgia Election Case Ruling

November 27, 2025
Trump Nominates Matt Gaetz For Attorney General
Missleading

Trump: “Animal” who shot two National Guardsmen will pay a very steep price

November 26, 2025
Trump Nominates Matt Gaetz For Attorney General
Missleading

Trump blasts The New York Times for “Knowing This Is Wrong”.

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Supreme Court Ruling Overturns NCIS Agent’s Conviction in Terrorist Case

Supreme Court Ruling Overturns NCIS Agent's Conviction in Terrorist Case

Georgia prosecutor asks appeals court to reinstate 6 charges in Trump case

Please login to join discussion
Misleading

Misleading is your trusted source for uncovering fake news, analyzing misinformation, and educating readers about deceptive media tactics. Join the fight for truth today!

TRENDING

Palisades Fire Photos Torch California’s Denial,New evidence clashes with the state’s attempt to wash its hands of the chaos

Zelensky’s Chief of Staff is Raided

Trump “permanently” suspends migration from Third World Countries

LATEST

Palisades Fire Photos Torch California’s Denial,New evidence clashes with the state’s attempt to wash its hands of the chaos

Zelensky’s Chief of Staff is Raided

Trump “permanently” suspends migration from Third World Countries

  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2025 Misleading.
Misleading is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Log in
  • Don’t Mislead (Archive)
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2025 Misleading.
Misleading is not responsible for the content of external sites.