Misleading
No Result
View All Result
  • Login
  • Register
Misleading
  • About Us
  • Log in
  • Don’t Mislead (Archive)
  • Privacy Policy
No Result
View All Result
Misleading
No Result
View All Result

Russian Black Sea Fleet Flees Reserve Base Amid ATACMS Threat: Report

September 16, 2024
in Missleading
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0 0
A A
0
Russian Black Sea Fleet Flees Reserve Base Amid ATACMS Threat: Report
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Russia’s Black Sea Fleet is reported to have evacuated from a key naval base in the country’s port of Novorossiysk, days after Ukrainian drones targeted the city, and as Kyiv appears to be closing in on receiving permission from the U.S. and the U.K. to strike territory deep inside Russia with long-range missiles.

Russia had been forced to relocate many of its warships away from Crimea to its Novorossiysk base in Russia’s Krasnodar region as a result of ongoing Ukrainian attacks targeting its vessels, as Kyiv seeks reverse to Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea. The port city is a key hub for Russia’s military logistics.

The development was flagged by H.I. Sutton, a maritime security researcher and open-source analyst, in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

“Likely response to #Ukrainian air threats, possibly news that Storm Shadow may be used on Russian territory. #Russian Navy vessels appear to have completed evacuated Novorossiysk today,” said Sutton, sharing satellite imagery of the region, dated September 14, at 11:37 a.m. local time.

A Ukrainian serviceman holds a MANPADS
A Ukrainian serviceman holds a MANPADS (Man-Portable Air-Defense Systems) “Stinger” anti-aircraft weapon in the northwestern part of the Black Sea on December 18, 2023. Russia’s Black Sea Fleet is reported to have evacuated from a…
A Ukrainian serviceman holds a MANPADS (Man-Portable Air-Defense Systems) “Stinger” anti-aircraft weapon in the northwestern part of the Black Sea on December 18, 2023. Russia’s Black Sea Fleet is reported to have evacuated from a key naval base in the port of Novorossiysk.

ANATOLII STEPANOV/AFP/Getty Images

Reports that Ukraine could soon be permitted to use Western-supplied weapons to strike Russian territory emerged last week.

Kyiv has long urged its Western allies to allow it to strike targets deep within Russia using weaponry such as the Washington-supplied ATACMS, ground-launched ballistic missiles, and the British Storm Shadow air-launched land-attack cruise missiles.

Such requests have so far been denied over fears of escalating the conflict that Russian President Vladimir Putin began in February 2022.

It isn’t clear where the vessels have relocated to. Newsweek has contacted Russia’s defense ministry for comment via email.

Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) analyst MT Anderson said it appears the Black Sea Fleet (BSF) vessels “may have dispersed further south down the coast past Gelendzhik.”

“While it appears that the majority of the BSF left Novorossiysk, there are a few, especially cowardly vessels, that hid amongst the commercial vessels,” he said, noting that this includes two Bora-class ships, one Ropucha-class ship, and one Krivak-class vessel.

“High [resolution] imagery from Airbus confirms the spots,” he wrote on X on Sunday.

In April, Ukraine’s navy reported that a third of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet has so far been disabled. In June, Andriy Yusov, a spokesperson for Ukraine’s Main Intelligence Directorate (HUR), said “the hunt must not stop.”

Ukraine’s naval drones targeted Novorossiysk on September 5. The Russian ministry of defense said at the time that its military had destroyed two of the sea drones “in the northeastern part of the Black Sea.”

Russian Telegram channels also reported shots and explosions in Novorossiysk, sharing video footage of the reported attack.

“Naval surface drones of the Ukrainian Armed Forces attacked Novorossiysk,” the ASTRA Telegram channel, a project run by independent Russian journalists, said.

Novorossiysk was also targeted by naval drones was in July. The Russian defense ministry said two naval drones heading toward the city were destroyed in the Black Sea.

Do you have a tip on a world news story that Newsweek should be covering? Do you have a question about the Russia-Ukraine war? Let us know via worldnews@newsweek.com.

Previous Post

Ryan Wesley Routh’s Son Says His Father Hates Donald Trump

Next Post

US Trains for Drone War in Contested South China Sea

Related Posts

Three ‘girls,’ zero humans. ‘Shunned at a Funeral’ fooled the internet with flawless vocals, fake concerts, and now they want your money. When the band doesn’t exist, the scam writes itself. Don’t Contribute!
Don’t Mislead

Three ‘girls,’ zero humans. ‘Shunned at a Funeral’ fooled the internet with flawless vocals, fake concerts, and now they want your money. When the band doesn’t exist, the scam writes itself. Don’t Contribute!

May 12, 2026
ABC Flags Massive Pre‑Speech Trades — Regulated Market or Misleading Free‑For‑All
Don’t Mislead

ABC Flags Massive Pre‑Speech Trades — Regulated Market or Misleading Free‑For‑All

May 9, 2026
CTO Robert Hensley Breaks It Down: The Neon Gas Nobody Noticed—and the Country Sitting on a Mountain of It
Don’t Mislead

CTO Robert Hensley Breaks It Down: The Neon Gas Nobody Noticed—and the Country Sitting on a Mountain of It

May 8, 2026
Looks Real. Feels Real. Isn’t Real. The Rise of Ghost Keypads
Don’t Mislead

Looks Real. Feels Real. Isn’t Real. The Rise of Ghost Keypads

May 2, 2026
Winery Linked to Ilhan Omar and her Spouse Suddenly Files Termination — Misleading Timing or Just Coincidence?
Don’t Mislead

Winery Linked to Ilhan Omar and her Spouse Suddenly Files Termination — Misleading Timing or Just Coincidence?

April 30, 2026
As Allegations Surge, Critics Ask: Did Eric Swalwell Mislead Everyone About His Conduct? You Bet, Here We Go Again!
Don’t Mislead

As Allegations Surge, Critics Ask: Did Eric Swalwell Mislead Everyone About His Conduct? You Bet, Here We Go Again!

April 16, 2026
Next Post
US Trains for Drone War in Contested South China Sea

US Trains for Drone War in Contested South China Sea

Ralf Schumacher’s Partner Speaks Out After ‘Disappointing’ Ex-Wife Comments

Ralf Schumacher's Partner Speaks Out After 'Disappointing' Ex-Wife Comments

Please login to join discussion
Misleading

Misleading is your trusted source for uncovering fake news, analyzing misinformation, and educating readers about deceptive media tactics. Join the fight for truth today!

TRENDING

Three ‘girls,’ zero humans. ‘Shunned at a Funeral’ fooled the internet with flawless vocals, fake concerts, and now they want your money. When the band doesn’t exist, the scam writes itself. Don’t Contribute!

LATEST

Three ‘girls,’ zero humans. ‘Shunned at a Funeral’ fooled the internet with flawless vocals, fake concerts, and now they want your money. When the band doesn’t exist, the scam writes itself. Don’t Contribute!

ABC Flags Massive Pre‑Speech Trades — Regulated Market or Misleading Free‑For‑All

CTO Robert Hensley Breaks It Down: The Neon Gas Nobody Noticed—and the Country Sitting on a Mountain of It

  • About Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

Copyright © 2025 Misleading.
Misleading is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms bellow to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • About Us
  • Log in
  • Don’t Mislead (Archive)
  • Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2025 Misleading.
Misleading is not responsible for the content of external sites.